Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) :-
PEO1: Classify, analyze, evaluate, design and develop engineered system and processes using appropriate engineering tools and approaches.
PEO2: Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of manufacturing systems and work effectively in diverse environments.
PEO3: Build successful careers as per the need of Indian and multinational industries/companies.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) :-
PSO1: To be able to identify, formulate and develop solution methodology for various issues related to manufacturing processes.
PSO2: To be able to provide cost effective design solutions for various tools and dies in accordance with the manufacturing standards.
PSO3: To be able to apply effectively the automated production systems for overall productivity improvement.
Program Outcomes (POs):
Production Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems researching substantiated conclusions using first principals of mathematics, natural science, and engineering sciences.
- Design / development of solutions: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitation.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, as such, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principals and apply these to one’s own work, as member and leader in team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change