Department of Computer Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) (UG)
1. To develop core competencies in the field of Computer Engineering.
2. To inculcate technical and professional skills.
3. To develop an ability for professional growth
Programme Outcomes (POs) (UG)
Students will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis & interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes(PSOs) (UG)
PSO 1: Ability to analyze a problem using mathematical modeling, appropriate data structure and efficient algorithm
PSO 2: Ability to apply computer engineering principles to design and develop computer-based systems
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) (PG)
- To enhance skills to attain professional excellence and succeed in the career in industry/academia/research
- To view things in broader perspective and enhance research skills
- To work effectively in multidisciplinary environment by adapting roles and responsibilities and ethical practices within organization
- To engage in lifelong learning for professional advancement
Programme Outcomes (POs) (PG)
- Acquire in-depth knowledge with ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge.
- Analyze complex engineering problems critically; apply independent judgment for synthesizing information.
- Think laterally to solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions.
- Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, demonstrate higher order skill, view things in a broader perspective, and contribute individually/in group to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognize opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles by applying it to self-management and teamwork, manage projects efficiently by considering economical and financial factors
- Communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.